Thursday, August 15, 2013

The girls that I met at the hostel

Dear Aurora and Amalia,
Today I stayed at a hostel. That's a place with lots of beds and a common room where everyone gathers. So you meet interesting people. There were a lot of young adults from all over the world - Germany, Russia, Israel, Great Britain, the US.

And there was a girl and her mother from Kazakhstan. I spoke to her mother in Russian and learned that they were from a small town on the cost of Lake Balqash. The name of their city is Priozersk. It is about 10 hours by train from Almaty.


View Larger Map

It was the first time that her mother had ever seen people from another country. She told me, "and now I am surrounded by so many of them!" She brought her daughter to see the big city.

Her daughter is 6-years-old and her name is Maria. Her Russian nickname is Mashka. I gave her some coins from the US and Canada, because I know you love collecting coins and I thought she might like them.

A few minutes later she came to my bed with two little stuffed animals. She asked me to bring them to you. They are sewn with thread in a few places because she loved them very much, but she wanted to send them to the USA to you. She liked seeing your pictures very much. Here is her picture with the two stuffed animals I will bring back:


Think about names for your new stuffies! I will help you if you want to give them Russian names.
I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment